Lawyers are experts in travel law. They specialise in
providing a full range of legal services to the travel,
leisure and hospitality industries.
Expert travel and tourism
Anthony Cordato is a specialist travel and tourism lawyer
and heads the travel law practice group. He is the author of
Australian Travel & Tourism Law. He has an unsurpassed depth
of knowledge, experience and technical expertise in travel
law, leisure law, tourism law and hospitality law in
Now in its 4th edition, Australian Travel & Tourism Law
contains 200 case studies which graphically illustrate the
law applicable to the travel industry. The book is a
resource for the travel student and anyone working in the
travel industry, with chapters dealing with legal
responsibilities of travel agents and tour operators, travel
advertising and selling travel, booking conditions, travel
insurance and the Travel Agents Act.
download details and an order form m
Cordato Partners act for the travel agent, tour operator,
airline, hotel, and restaurant and function centres. The law
has many names, including travel law, tourism law,
hospitality law, holiday law, leisure law and even vacation
As specialist tourism lawyers, Cordato Partners provides
legal services to deal with all legal issues which can arise
in the course of operating a travel, leisure or hospitality
We are always looking for new clients in the travel industry
and particularly enjoy dealing with difficult, frustrating
and “too hard basket” problems.
We carry out commercial work and litigation:-
Our business advisory and documentation work is specifically
tailored to the travel and hospitality industries. It
- Travel advertising
- Tour and cruise booking conditions
- Sale and purchases of businesses and franchises
- Agreements to appoint travel agents, resorts, suppliers
- Protection of copyright and trade marks
- Tourism employment law and HR support
- Travel websites
- Leases, property sales and purchases
Litigation – (Court work)
We have full experience of acting for the travel industry
(and the occasional consumer) in holiday law disputes in
both Australian and overseas Courts.
- Disputes between travel agents, wholesalers and airlines
- Travel consumer claims
- Air travel passenger claims
- Enforcing contractual indemnities
- Warsaw and Athens conventions
- Overseas and interstate claims
- Personal injury claims
- Travel compensation law
- Travel insurance law
- Defending class actions
- Hotel and resort guest claims
We maintain a commercial approach to litigation in that we
believe that a commercially negotiated settlement is often
better than a day in Court. We will advise you of the likely
costs of any legal action in a timely and sensible manner.
Hot topics - view this info
for more information on the following subjects:-
- NSW Government favours tourists over residents in
its short-term holiday letting policy
- If a travel agent books an international flight, are
they legally liable if they fail to advise the visa
requirements for the flight destination?
- Is lunch included in my all-inclusive tour price?
- Australian domestic airlines agree to an ‘opt in’
model for extra charges
- Why easy legal compliance is making Airbnb
attractive for property owners in Australia
- Airbnb is empowering Boutique Hotels and B&Bs
- There’s no longer any Travel Agents Licensing in
- The Publican, the Patron, the Drinks and the Punch
- Can you rely upon credit card travel insurance for
- Are you thinking of setting up as a Tour Operator?
- Are you a target for consumer claims?
- Travel insurance
- The hazards of Air travel
- The Hazards of Travel Insurance
- More travel insurance pitfalls
- Visas and passports can be costly!
- Just how suitable is that tour?
- It pays to double check availability!
- Now sit back, relax and enjoy the flight! - a case
about aircraft seating
- Has another business started using your name? What
can/must you do to stop them?
We also offer a full service property practice.